Named after Leon M. Abbott, Sovereign Grand Commander from 1921 to 1932, the Abbott Scholarship Program provides financial support for the continuing undergraduate and graduate education of Scottish Rite Masons, young men and women from Scottish Rite families, and Masonic-related youth groups.
Eligibility: Those meeting any of the following criteria are eligible to apply for the 2019 Abbott Scholarship program for undergraduate studies:
- A Scottish Rite Mason of the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction.
- A student directly related (bloodline or by legal means) to a Scottish Rite Mason in the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction or a member of a youth organization sponsored by the Masonic fraternity in the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction who is:
- A high school senior; currently accepted at an accredited trade school who has attained a minimum grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- A high school senior; or undergraduate, or graduate student currently enrolled at an accredited college or university.
- Applicants should complete two copies of the complete application form and submit it to the Valley Secretary not later than close of business April 1, 2019.
- The application form is available at: www.scottishritenmj.org under the membership downloads section or call or email the Valley Secretary and it can be emailed to you.
- Applications should be sent to the Secretary of the Valley providing their sponsor’s eligibility.
The Valley Secretary can be reached at 610.433.3232 or by email at: LehighCons@valleyofallentown.com
Download the Scholarship form here: Abbot Scholarship Applicaiton
YES, this does mean that Grandfathers, Step-Fathers, Brothers, and Uncles now ALSO qualify as suitable sponsors for an applicant.